“Welcome to St Mary’s. We are the historic Parish Church of Woodford in North East London. We seek to live the Christian message at the heart of the local community. Whether you are looking for a church or just browsing, we wish you all God’s blessings and that we meet in person one day.”
You can see all our latest news and pictures on our Facebook page.
- 8am – Holy Communion – a quiet reflective service (Book of Common Prayer 1st & 3rd Sundays)
- 10am – Sung Eucharist and Sermon (with parallel activities for children; but all together once each month)
- 6.30pm – Sung Evensong and Sermon with the traditional Prayer Book, a choir and special music for festival Sundays. About six times each year we have an evening service in the Taizé style, and in Lent our evening service is Sung Compline.
Said services of Holy Communion lasting about 30 minutes:
- 9.00am – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- 10.30am (followed by refreshments) and 7.30pm – Wednesday
- There is no service on Fridays.
We pray for the world and our local community on a regular cycle. See this month’s cycle.
Our prayer theme this week is for the Rohinja refugees
Visiting Us – Accessibility
We want to make St Mary’s as accessible as possible to everyone. Please contact us if you want to check any specific requirement in advance. At all church services and events members of the Church are on hand to help you get the most out of your time at St Mary’s. If you need any help while you are with us please do ask.
Meanwhile to help plan your visit you can check our facilities here.
Sign Up To Our NewsLetters
If you would like to receive occasional news from St Mary’s about Church events and/or local and national news where we can take action please sign up for our newsletters.
Please note we will only use your email address to send you information from the list you signed up for and we will never give your email to anybody else. You can unsubscribe at any time.
St Mary's Calendar Of Events
Please use this calendar to see all our future events. If you want to book the church for an event you can check if the date is free and then contact the parish office for more information.
Directions To St Mary’s Parish Church, Woodford
You can find us at: 207 High Road, South Woodford E18 2PA.
We are about five to ten minutes walk from South Woodford Station on the Central Line. Buses W13 and 179 stop close by. There is no parking available on the church premises and only limited street parking from Monday to Saturday, though pay car parks are not far away.